Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust said ’11 members of staff have been dismissed and a further 14 have had actions taken against them’.
An NHS trust has sacked 11 members of staff for inappropriately accessing medical records of the Nottingham stabbing victims.
Students Barnaby Webber and Grace O’Malley-Kumar, plus grandfather Ian Coates, were stabbed to death by Valdo Calocane in 2023.
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH) said on Thursday that “11 members of staff have been dismissed and a further 14 have had actions taken against them”.

Further investigations are ongoing, it added.
It comes as a public statutory inquiry into the killings continues.
The trust said that it had been investigating the breach since starting investigations in early 2025.
Actions taken so far include two first written warnings, 12 final written warnings and 11 staff dismissed, it said.
“Staff included in these investigations include doctors, nurses, registered medical professionals and admin and clerical colleagues,” the statement added.
The trust said it would now consult with regulators such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and General Medical Council (GMC), both of which have powers to strike staff off medical registers.
The trust has also informed the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and Nottinghamshire Police.

Dr Manjeet Shehmar, medical director at NUH, said: “The families of Ian, Grace and Barnaby have had to endure much pain and heartache, and I am truly sorry that the actions of some of our staff have added to that.
“To access the medical records of our patients without a legitimate reason is totally unacceptable and we are doing all we can to identify where and how that has happened.
“I hope that the families, staff and our communities feel reassured by the outcomes so far, that we are taking this seriously and will continue to do so.
“We know that the vast majority of our staff understand that appropriate access is a fundamental principle of our duty of care and know that it is essential that access to patient records is lawful, justified and directly related to their role.
“By accessing records inappropriately, staff are damaging the valuable contributions made by those colleagues providing care for those patients.
“In those cases where it does happen, I hope that this is a very clear reminder that we will take appropriate action.”
Further investigations are ongoing into inappropriate access, including into the files of surviving victims, including Wayne Birkett, Sharon Miller and Marcin Gawronski, the trust said.

